15 June 2022

RECOVERY is Possible, Doable, Irreplaceable.

 

"Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is." - Erich Fromm

KNOWLEDGE, EFFORT & EXPERIENCE are Writ Large in Erich Fromm's take on Achieving Human Potential. Addiction slowed my Personal Growth, if not bringing it to a Full Stop. Essentially, after 30 years of Daily Drinking, I emerged as a 46-Year-Old Teenager Battered by Addiction. Not a pretty sight. That I survived and was able to give birth to a New & Sober Being took Time, Patience and Shared Courage.

Today, I have come to believe that RECOVERY is Possible, Doable and Irreplaceable.

*****

Check out my NEW Non-Fiction, BECOMING UNBROKEN: Reflections on Addiction and Recovery 
(Find it on Amazon, Book it here): https://lnkd.in/dkF767RT 

Immerse yourself in my Descent into Addiction and eventual Recovery in my Autobiographical Fiction, ALL DRINKING ASIDE: The Destruction, Deconstruction & Reconstruction of an Alcoholic Animal 

(Find it on Amazon. Book it here): https://lnkd.in/esP83n-c 

#alcoholism #addiction #recovery #books

I hope you enjoy BOTH of my BOOKS on ADDICTION & RECOVERY! (Print & Kindle Versions of Both are Available!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment