08 November 2022

Live Your Life with Clean & Sober Fire Before You, too, Expire.


"I sure could go for a Cheese Steak with Fried Onions right about now," said the behemoth Australian Hercules Moth to himself... NEVER: No mouth, no lips, no speech, no Cheese Steak yearnings.

One can correctly say, "a couple of rats," but to say, "a rat couple" veers toward anthropomorphism, the attribution of human emotions and behaviors onto animals. "I sure could go for a Cheese Steak with Fried Onions right about now," proceeding from any animal, especially one that lacks a mouth, as cited here, is a good example of anthropomorphism.

The diversity of life on Earth is beyond amazing. The Hercules Moth remains in the caterpillar stage for an average of three moths (months, lol) and has a lifespan of 10 to 14 days and a wingspan of up to 11 inches. 

The Life Cycles of a Moth and the Human Stages of Addiction and Recovery are Horses with Different Colors. I was dying from drinking and felt like I would die without a drink. Use, abuse, dependency, tolerance for ever-increasing doses, binges, hospitalizations, homelessness: The Life of an Addict is one of Chaos and Disorder. At one time I felt doomed to die with alcohol on my breath and denial somehow made that all too acceptable.

Today, I'm glad I'm not an Australian Hercules Moth and happy to no longer be living in the Addiction Phase of my life. I am Grateful to be in Recovery.

I am Snug as a Bug in a Rug and Loose as a Goose (and everywhere in between). Clean and Serene is my Scene, Jellybean, Clean and Serene.

Accept Gratitude.

Watch a Butterfly Flutter By.

Perhaps that could be you (or already is). 

Spread your Wings and Fly!

Action, Patience, Time and Love.

Gratitude, Clean and Serene. 

Live your life with clean and sober fire before you, too, expire.

*****

Immerse yourself in my Descent into Addiction and eventual Recovery in my Autobiographical Fiction, ALL DRINKING ASIDE: The Destruction, Deconstruction & Reconstruction of an Alcoholic Animal 

(Find it on Amazon. Book it here): https://lnkd.in/esP83n-c

Check out my NEW Non-Fiction, BECOMING UNBROKEN
#alcoholism #addiction #recovery #books: Reflections on Addiction and Recovery 
(Find it on Amazon, Book it here): https://lnkd.in/dkF767RT 

Both Books are Available in Print and Kindle Editions.


No comments:

Post a Comment