31 May 2021

TODAY Marks My 17th Year of Continuous Sobriety

 


Neither Bragging Nor Complaining, Just a Simple Statement of Fact.

The Point is to Let People Who Are Newly Clean & Sober Know that RECOVERY is POSSIBLE, DOABLE & IRREPLACEABLE. May They, Too, Learn to Treasure Their Moment, This Moment, Every Moment, Clean & Sober.
As a Woman in my Recovery Group repeatedly states, "Your Life May Not Get Better, But You Will Get Better" as you accrue more time in Recovery.
On my 14th Anniversary, I Chaired a Recovery Meeting & was so Excited I Totally Botched Up a Favorite Quote from my book (Un-Botched here, lol):

"NOTHING MATTERS MORE THAN THAT WE REMAIN SOBER BECAUSE WHEN WE REMAIN SOBER EVERYTHING MATTERS MORE." 

I certainly thought I would die before I reached 40 after so many hospitalizations and other Alcohol-Related Near-Death Experiences.
I am 17 Years Sober this Day and I Turn 71 Years Old this Year to boot. That's Two Prime Numbers (17 & 71)!

THAT MAKES ME A 17 YEAR OLD TEENAGER IN THE PRIME OF MY LIFE! 

Neither Bragging Nor Complaining, Just a Simple Statement of Fact.
*****
read my book or give it as a gift to a friend, co-worker or relative:

ALL DRINKING ASIDE: The Destruction, Deconstruction & Reconstruction of an Alcoholic Animal  

Find it on Amazon. Book it here: http://amzn.to/1bX6JyO 

#alcoholism #addiction #recovery #books

Stay Safe & Take Care!

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment