09 May 2022

STILL THE EVER-IMPATIENT CHILD, My 18th Year of Continuous Recovery Looms Before Me (June 18, 2022)


Sometimes Choice Does Not Seem Possible. 
Sometimes I would Drink and Drug whether I wanted to or not. Promises in the morning became lies before nightfall. In Addiction one slowly and surely becomes the Victim of Addiction. "I am the Actor who Portrays me. Alcohol is the Thug Who Betrayed Me." Something like that. Mostly like that for 30+ Years of Daily Drinking & Drugging.
THOSE DAYS ARE GONE! 
Today, I choose Recovery at Every Turn. Addiction Constricted me like a Boa, Squeezing the Choices right out of me. Recovery is EXPANSIVE.
RECOVERY is POSSIBLE, DOABLE & IRREPLACEABLE. 

"NOTHING MATTERS MORE THAN THAT WE REMAIN SOBER BECAUSE WHEN WE REMAIN SOBER EVERYTHING MATTERS MORE." 

If you've read any of my posts before, likely you've noticed themes running through them. Basically, they can be condensed into: I REJOICE RECOVERY!
STILL THE EVER-IMPATIENT CHILD, My 18th Year of Continuous Recovery Looms Before Me (June 18th)
Life is Good and it Becomes Better as my Clean & Sober Days Accumulate.
Choose wisely. 
Watch your People, Places & Things. 
If you are Clean & Sober now, strive to remain so. 
My 8 years of fading in and out of Recovery taught me one thing: Using Never Got Better. Choice flew out the window like a MOTHER-EFFING MOTHER-EFFER! [Pardon my Poetry, lol]
Now that I'm ALMOST 18, I think I can almost get away with saying that!
RECOVERY: REJOICE!!!
*****
Help me Celebrate my 18th Year of Continuous Recovery. Check out my NEW Non-Fiction, BECOMING UNBROKEN: Reflections on Addiction and Recovery (Find it on Amazon, Book it here): https://lnkd.in/dkF767RT 

Or immerse yourself in my Descent into Addiction and eventual Recovery in my Autobiographical Fiction, ALL DRINKING ASIDE: The Destruction, Deconstruction & Reconstruction of an Alcoholic Animal (Find it on Amazon. Book it here): http://amzn.to/1bX6JyO

#alcoholism #addiction #recovery #books

I hope you enjoy BOTH of my BOOKS on ADDICTION & RECOVERY! (Print & Kindle Versions of Both are Available!)


No comments:

Post a Comment