01 December 2021

Between ALL DRINKING ASIDE & BECOMING UNBROKEN: My 2021 Year in Review


(fasken.com)
GEE WHIZ! What a Long Year 2021 has been! TWO GIANT LUMPS took up most of my time, the first being my 146 Commentaries on Quotes by the Famous, Infamous and Anonymous as they relate to my past Addictions & present Recovery (written between April and June) and the second being work on my second book nearly Daily since then. 
HERE ARE A FEW SELECTED HIGHLIGHTS from 2021 in chronological order (except where noted, all are the Titles of Articles I posted on Social Media throughout the year).

01/09/21: "Slow the injection of truth. Insert the needle of truth into my vein, into my brain, slowly. First, hold the needle upright. Squeeze out any air. Leave only the clear, the liquid, the truth. Inject me slowly. I want to watch that crystal clarity enter my vein. The truth, too fast, could only scare me. Inject me slowly, or quickly watch me die." - [This little quote in the middle of a post I wrote about Confronting Truth turned out to be about the most controversial thing I wrote this whole year, mostly because of the very graphic picture of a hypodermic needle that accompanied it.] The rest of 2021 has been relatively smooth sailing since then: 

01/13/21: "There Is No Safe Harbor When the Sea Is Alcohol"​

01/23/21: "A Toxic Cocktail of Emotions Enflamed by Alcohol, Narcotics & Prescription Drugs"

02/04/21: WHAT DO Punxsutawney Phil & ALL DRINKING ASIDE Have in Common?

03/10/21: The PRISM of EMPOWERMENT or The PRISON of ADDICTION

Also in March, I had the Honor & Privilege to be Interviewed on "Rapping with Dr. Jacalyn: Stories of Resilience" (a 45-minute Global Broadcast on YouTube) 

From 04/10/21 - 06/20/21: I wrote 146 Commentaries on Quotes by the Famous, Infamous and Anonymous as they relate to my past Addictions & present Recovery.

06/18/21: Marked the 17th Anniversary of Continuous Sobriety

07/05/21: I posted a personal favorite Recovery Verse on Linked in titled "Halfway to Nowhere (& Another Drink)"

08/19/21: IMPOSTER SYNDROME: "You'll Never Be Anything but A Drunk"

09/11/21: 50th Anniversary of "The Pub" (25 Years Before My First Sobriety)

10/01/21: Going COLD TURKEY Might Mean YOUR GOOSE IS COOKED

11/26/21: RECOVERY Turns MOONSHINE into SUNSHINE!

If any of the above strike your fancy, they can be found in full indexed by date at www.alldrinkingaside.com.

While you wait for the publication of Becoming Unbroken in 2022, please consider ALL DRINKING ASIDE: The Destruction, Deconstruction & Reconstruction of an Alcoholic Animal  

Find it on Amazon. Book it here: http://amzn.to/1bX6JyO 

7,000+ Recovery Tweets here:   https://twitter.com/jimanders4

#alcoholism #addiction #recovery #books


No comments:

Post a Comment