10 June 2022

Addiction is godless, headless, insane.


Surely, Addiction is progressive in nature. The substances used may start out harmlessly enough, a Fun and Frivolous Escape from the Daily Grind. But slowly, insidiously, the chokehold begins. Reality begins to be filtered out and only Addiction remains. Self-assured, predictable outcomes morph into catastrophic consequences and total loss of control.

This is no way to live.

All of the above, in black and white, is a reiteration of the pictured quote but using slightly different words.

I, for one, must reaffirm my Recovery Daily. My 50,000 drinks over a thirty-year period were a similar repetition, but more a sort of the dying on the vine that is Addiction. In Recovery, I vow to find 50,000 ways to state that "Recovery is Possible, Doable and Irreplaceable."

Life is short and sweet. 

Addition is godless, headless, insane.
You know the rest [see picture].

*****

Check out my NEW Non-Fiction, BECOMING UNBROKEN: Reflections on Addiction and Recovery 
(Find it on Amazon, Book it here): https://lnkd.in/dkF767RT 

Immerse yourself in my Descent into Addiction and eventual Recovery in my Autobiographical Fiction, ALL DRINKING ASIDE: The Destruction, Deconstruction & Reconstruction of an Alcoholic Animal 

(Find it on Amazon. Book it here): https://lnkd.in/esP83n-c 

#alcoholism #addiction #recovery #books

I hope you enjoy BOTH of my BOOKS on ADDICTION & RECOVERY! (Print & Kindle Versions of Both are Available!)


No comments:

Post a Comment