BROKEN: "I'm Never Drinking Again!" Was Not a Lie When
Refusal is Crucial for Boozers and Other Drug Abusers..
Removal is Crucial Where Refusal is Futile.
Relapse Happens when Rhymes Without Reason
Buy-In to Recovery or Die in Addiction.
The words above have been given sounds beyond their meanings.
But be sure to listen with care.
Do not be deceived by sounds when they don't have meaning.
"Sounds Good!" can destroy you.
Stick with meaning.
Talk is cheap and may not make it go away, but in early recovery, talk with others in my recovery meetings was about the only glue I had to hold me together as I sought another day sober.
Dive deeper into my school of thought. Fish for your own meaning (in semi-random order):
1. "I accepted being powerless over alcohol when I was drunk because being drunk killed the pain of being powerless."
2. "The instant my blackout would start, I was feeding my disease and nothing else."
3. There was a time when the Trouble and Pain caused by Addiction would almost have felt worth it except it always got Progressively Worse. Progressively Worse was the Treadmill that was killing me.
4. Sins of Omission were so easy to ignore because they were things that could not happen because I was in deep. Deep in my Addiction, I missed out on much. My life had become an Omission of Living.
5. In retrospect, "Maybe my childhood seemed so great, not because I was a child, but because it preceded the onset of my Alcoholic Catastrophes." What preceded my first drink was childhood itself.
6. [What is your # 6?]
7. [Don't be afraid. You will grow through this.]
8. [Strive On! Others have gone through this.]
9. [Shared Courage. I know we can do this.]
"Nothing matters more than that we remain sober because when we remain sober everything matters more."
Passages in quotes are excerpted from ALL DRINKING ASIDE: The Destruction, Deconstruction & Reconstruction of an Alcoholic Animal